Copyright (c) 2008 Ruth Tan
Some honey bee facts really deserved to be shared, after all so many healing and health-promoting opportunities for us humans start with this little busy creature. As you read the following 20 truths about honey bee, you will be so intrigued just like me by this tiny fellow’s extraordinary abilities.
1. The honey bee has been around for 30 million years.
2. It is the only insect that produces food eaten by man.
3. Honey bees are environmentally friendly and are critical as pollinators.
4. They are insects whcih are scientifically known as Apis mellifera.
5. They have 6 legs, 2 compound eyes made up of thousands of tiny lenses (one on each side of the head), 3 simple eyes on the top of the head, 2 wings,…