Unseen by the naked eye is mold. Mold is a type of fungus that, depending on the situation, can be good or bad. If it is pertaining to mold found in the environment, then it is good because it breaks down dead organic matter, which is part of the decaying process.

Other good reasons for mold growth are in cheeses where it is safe to eat, and in Penicillin, which is used to treat bacterial infections. While some molds are generally harmless, there are some that can cause minor or major allergic reactions, respiratory problems, and various fungal infections. When fungus grows on food, it can produce miniscule amounts of mycotoxins.

Generally, mycotoxins are pretty harmless, but some can be very dangerous and can be found on some…



Source by Rachel Yoshida