During the summer time people tend to drink more water than usual. On the one hand this is a very healthy thing to do but on the other hand, there could be risks involved.

I am talking about the bugs in water. No, not the insects that crawl our walls but the various micro-organisms that can exist in unfiltered tap water.

But what about chlorine you ask – isn’t it suppose to kill the bugs in drinking water?

Sure, chlorine does a good job of disinfecting our water, which is why municipal authorities have used it for decades. However, chlorine is only effective to a point. Have you thought about organisms that are resistant to chlorine such as cryptosporidium and giardia?

These microscopic bugs have a hard shell around them, which makes…



Source by David Cassell